Taught by FIDN founder - Dr Mihir Somaiya of the Asia Health Care Center, Mumbai, India.
These 20 hours courses consist of a minimum 4 hours study via manual before attending the course.Then a practical 2 Days,16 hours taught by Dr Mihir .
On Completion of the course Balens Insurance Can offer both a top-up policy to your current policy or provide full cover including the use of Functional Integrated Dry Needling to your current practice.
Whats different about Functional Integrated Dry Needling to "Normal" Dry Needling and what is it for?
- Normally dry needling is done on trigger points but what if there are no trigger points?
- Hence FUNCTIONAL INTEGRATED DRY NEEDLING is a new phenomenon which is done on not only trigger points but tender points.
- FIDN also follows the peripheral nerves and therefore the flow of the pain pathways.
- Intra discal needling and the stimulation of the cartilage /menisci of the knee will be demonstrated and taught.
- For more details see the course itinerary below.
Dates Available to book now,-
- Functional Integrated Dry Needling for Pain management and Functional Rehabilitation is a neurophysiological evidence based treatment which is based on the anatomy, physiology and biomechanics of the human body unlike acupuncture which is based on meridians as per the old Chinese technique.
- The needling is performed on the trigger points, tender points, the pain pathways(modulation of PNS to CNS) which then are responsible for the proper conduction to the muscles, which is responsible for core pain management and functional rehabilitation(Pain is the means by which the Peripheral nervous system (PNS) warns the central nervous system (CNS) of injury or potential injury to the body).
- The course has also high weightage of proper mechanism of stimulation of cartilage of knee joint with evidence and subsequent antidode effect.
- The course is developed by evidence based practice as well as references from the earlier studies.
- The functional dry needling training can help in providing the healthcare professionals as a great tool to serve their patients and clients with great result in conjunction to their therapeutic modalities.
- Functional integrated dry needling course also helps delegates in developing adequate knowledge in diagnosis and proper evaluation of various conditions and how to safely needle them.
- Delegates will develop skills to not only give treatment or needling for pain management but also restoring their functional abilities and restricted movements.
- Delegates will be having enough practical and laboratory sessions so as to get hands on needles and also to maintain OSHA standards and guidelines of safe needling and avoid any adverse effects.